Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pat Robertson is a Terrorist

What do you call a fundamentalist, religious leader who calls for the assassination of a democratically elected president? A terrorist. Monday, Pat Robertson said of the President of Venezuela
"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it...We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability."
Having thus revealed himself as a terrorist, and realizing that fact, today Robertson says his comments were misinterpreted.
"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping"
Actually, Pat, you did say assassination. And as the leader of the Christian Coalition, a major component of W's base, you represent your people well. With statements like this, it's no wonder the U.S. only has one true foreign ally.

Update: Of course, this is the talk of the net right now, and some people are making excellent points. I think both of the following comments from fark.com are dead on. Perhaps I shouldn't link W and Robertson...
Farker 1: I'm sorry, I don't care what you think of Bush, but he doesn't need to apologize for every whack job that knows him.

Farker 2: I agree! I mean, the President would have to take a whole month off just to make that many apologies, surely he doesn't have time for that during war time...
oh.. wait a min..
nevermind.